- 4 large potatoes
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 tablespoon coriander chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ground black pepper to taste
- oil for frying
- Finely grate potatoes with onion into a large bowl. Drain off any excess liquid.
- Mix in egg, salt, coriander and black pepper. Add enough flour to make mixture thick, about 2 to 4 tablespoons all together.
- Heat oil in pan and Drop two or three 1/4 cup mounds into hot oil, and flatten to make 1/2 inch thick pancakes. Fry, turning once, until golden brown.
- Repeat until all potato mixture is used.